Monday, July 10, 2006

July 10th Daily Word and Visions from God

July 10th Daily Word and Visions from God
Mark 15.21-47-People passing along the road jeered...
1 Kings 11-The two of them were on that remote stretch of road.
Hosea 13-I'm still your GOD...
Tobit 11.1b-4-And the dog went along behind them.
Numbers 9.15-23, 10.29-36-And the cloud always stayed with them.

A fast food joint. A stop along the way to quickly pick up some food. At Jesus' crucifixion people were passing by. I wonder if they stopped to really think along their way. Were they in a hurry? Did they know the impact of what was taking place. I suspect not. I get this way too. In a hurry. Want the food now so I can move on to the next task. Move on in some hurry to something else. And as I hurry, I forget that cloud that is with me. Forget about God's presence. Do I stop and give thanks for my food? Sometimes not. Did those people stop and give thanks for the body and blood of Christ along the road where they jeered? I think not. But I must stop. I must stop and take notice of my Savior. He IS God! God always with us. Even in a hurry. Jesus is God with me even on the remote roads where I meet a friend. Jesus is God with me as my dogs walk behind me. I must stop and see and hear and give thanks for God's presence. Even as I hurry along the road to the fast food joint. Stop and see God!

Lord, slow me down today-may I see you, hear you and know your presence. Thanks for the journey through your Kingdom. -- Amen

No comments: