Monday, July 03, 2006

July 3rd Daily Word and Visions from God

July 3rd Daily Word and Visions from God
Mark 12.1-27-The living God is God of the living, not the dead.
1 Kings 3-I'm too young for this, a mere child! I don't know the ropes, hardly know the 'ins' and 'outs' of this job. And here I am...
Hosea 6.1-7.2-Come on, let's go back to GOD.
Ecclesiastes 7.1-14-Therefore a man cannot discover anything about his future.

A frightened or perhaps a curious kitten hiding in the woods. The mother was sitting below and another kitten was further in the wood. Looking at me as I looked at them. Living their young lives. Perhaps in search of food. Perhaps in play of the early morning. Living as God intended for them. Living--- A kitten like me. Always like a young child. It seems I never know the ropes- never know the ins and outs like I would desire. Yet in this "not knowing" - I am forced to return to God for help and guidance. I return to God for explanations of the mystery of life that I live for and in him. I return to God to hear direction. I return to God for meaning. And when I return--I find that he was always with me. Always there and leading me into the future that I must trust to Him. So, I'm just like that frightened or curious kitten. Waiting on God- taking his lead and trusting my future to God.

Jesus. my life is in your hands- show me the way this day. I'm curious and ready for an adventure through the woods of life. -- Amen

No comments: