Tuesday, July 25, 2006

July 25th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Corinthians 11.17-34-Better to be confronted by the Master now than to face a fiery confrontation later.
2 Kings 5-Father, if the prophet has asked you to do something hard and heroic, wouldn't you have done it? So why not this simple wash and be clean?
Obadiah-A remnant of the saved in Mount Zion will go into the mountains of Esau and rule justly and fairly, a rule that honors GOD's kingdom.
Tobit 14.4-7-...for I believe the word of God...for I know and believe that whatever God has said will be fulfilled and will come true; not a single word of the prophecies will fail.
Acts 11.27-12.3a-So they had Barnabas and Saul take their gifts to the church leaders in Jerusalem.
---
A drinking fountain in front of a pond. Water you can drink contrasted with water you shouldn't drink. The water you shouldn't drink brings life to plants and fish and animals. Brings a home to duck and geese. The water you can drink brings life and refreshment to those passing by in life's journey. I need water. I need water to live and I need God's water to live also. There is the confrontation I need too. I need God. God confronts me with a decision. Will I follow him and let him be God or will I go my own way. Will I depend on his Water of Life or will I trust my own way. In God's way is life. In my way is death and damnation. I choose God. I will be that remnant that returns to the mountain of God and honor him in his Kingdom. I believe the Word of God and I know that whatever God plans will be fulfilled. All of it. And in this I will be faithful to journey with friends to the heart of God. Journey with my friends to the base of that cross in glory--look up--clasp hands and praise and honor Jesus in all his glory. For only in and through his blood am I saved. It's really not all that hard and heroic- simple- just be washed in the Water and the Blood of the Lamb. - Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, I'm walking back to the fold at the base of that cross- lead me as I listen to your voice and follow you. -- Amen

No comments: