Tuesday, July 18, 2006

July 18th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Corinthians 6-Wouldn't it be far better to just take it, to let yourselves be wronged and forget it?
1 Kings 19-A quiet voice asked, "So Elijah, now tell me, what are you doing here?"
Amos 3.3-4.3-Do two people walk hand in hand if they aren't going to the same place?
Numbers 16.20-35-But the two men bowed down and prayed...
---
A place of multiple communication. Even communication devices out and behind this picture. Telephone, e-mail, computer files, internet, blogs, radio, books, and on and on... But the most significant form of communication that takes place here is prayer. Prayer and conversation with God. Prayer through reflection on his Word. Prayer through reflection and supplication on behalf of friends. Prayer and supplication on behalf of those who are wronged by me and who wrong me in intention. Prayers of thanksgiving. Prayers of praise. Prayers in silence. Prayers in hearing that quiet voice. Prayers of two people. Prayers and visions of the family of God hand in hand going to the same place. Let us pray...
---
Lord, I give you thanks for the day. I give you thanks for new life today. You are God. King of all. All creation sings your praise. You, I worship. You, I adore. You, I love. As I breathe in life this day, fill me with your Spirit. Forgive me the wrongs I have committed towards you and your people. Renew me and restore me to your presence. Provide for all I need this day. Give me your work, give me your joy. I want to serve you out of love. I want to do what you would have me do. I give my life to you. Use me as you see fit. I listen for your voice and will follow. And I give you everlasting thanks and praise for your Son Jesus Christ and all your provisions. Yes, you are God my God! -- Amen

No comments: