Wednesday, July 19, 2006

July 19th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Corinthians 7.1-24-The really important thing is obeying God's call, following his commands.
1 Kings 20- Then GOD stepped in and spoke...
Amos 4.4-13-But you never got thirsty for me.
Tobit 13.1-2-and there is nothing that can escape his hand.
Numbers 16.36-50-Those men died because of their sin...
---
A pot of coffee. Freshly brewed. Time to stop. Time for prayer and devotions. Time to be alert. Time to listen to God speak. In his Word and through others. The really important thing is obeying God's call, following his commands. A pot of coffee in the morning and at evening both lead into this conversation. In my room and with my wife and both cases with God present. God steps in and speaks. And we get thirsty. Thirsty for the voice and call of God in our lives. Nothing passes by God unnoticed. And in this we are forgiven. Forgiven and we die to our sin. Thanks be to God. A pot of coffee that leads to God.
---
Lord, lead me this day- I'm listening- I'm following you- I'm praying in your love for all your people. ---Amen

No comments: