Thursday, July 20, 2006

July 20th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Corinthians 7.25-40-This world as you see it is on its way out.
1 Kings 21- When Jezebel got word that Naboth had been stoned to death, she told Ahab, "Go for it, Ahab..."
Amos 5-So seek GOD and live!
Tobit 13.3-7-acknowledge him at the top of your voice.
Psalm 23-You treat me to a feast, while my enemies watch.
---
A crane lifting air conditioning units from the ground to the roof. Extensions and weights use to counterbalance the weight and skilled lifts by an operator and rigging crew. Reaching far into the air and over the roof to skillfully place the load in a specific spot. This is the world as I saw it on this day. Views from the ground. Views from the roof. A hot and long day. God's world none the less. A beautiful world in vision, in heat, in breezes, in the work of some men. But this world is on its way out. God has other plans for me than placing air conditioning on roofs. God has a plan for his Kingdom and his world and it involves me. But it won't involve those who plot and plan to keep their places in this world. Who work on themselves, and their own selfish plans. My plans aren't God's plans. So I must watch and listen and make sure that my actions are actions taken with God as the Master Planner and never place my plans in front of his. Jezebel and King Ahab were planning to get a vineyard in just this way. Their plans. Not God's plans. No! I must listen and seek God and live. Acknowledge God, not myself or anyone else, and live. And in this, in this, I will see God take care of my enemies for me. I won't have to deal with all that because God promises a feast. Oh what a final feast that will be...all according to God's plans.
---
Lord, let me put my plans aside and follow yours. -- Amen

No comments: