Monday, July 31, 2006

July 31st Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Corinthians 15.35-58- You hear a blast to end all blasts from a trumpet, and in the time that you look up and blink your eyes--it's over. One signal from that trumpet from heaven, the dead will be up and out of their graves, beyond the reach of death, never to die again, At the same moment and in the same way, we'll all be changed.
2 Kings 11-Joash was seven years old when he became king.
Micah 2-I will be out in front leading them.
Numbers 27.12-23-You are the LORD God, and you know what is in everyone's heart.
---
I'm not sure what this is. A little playhouse perhaps-at the edge of a country road. Maybe not-You wouldn't put a playhouse by a country road. It had something stored in it. Perhaps some fertilizer or something for the front yard. It was beginning to be run down. Maybe they sold something from it or perhaps it was "For Sale" for some time. Anyway it was out front on display. King Joash was only seven years old when he became king. There seem to be many stories of God using "older" people but this time a "young" person is in the story. They went to great lengths to protect this young king. If he died the line would be broken to King David. Jesus descended from this same line as God had promised. So even though Joash was young and small, God used him too. God sets up people to lead at different times and places. God seems to do some peculiar strange things that just don't make sense at first. I must recognize who is leading, when I'm to lead, and when I'm to follow and always seek God's leaders. As life moves on in some miniature way, God will lead me right up to that day when I will hear that trumpet blast and things will really change-big time then. But until that day. I'll stick close by the road out front telling those who pass by of a wonderful Savior--Even if I do appear to be peculiar and a little out of place--Even if I am too young or too old--I'll tell that story to those who pass by on the country road of life.
---
Lord, I imagine Christians look a little peculiar and out of place in this world of people who pass by. Lead me to show them your way when someone asks what this Christianity thing up by the road is all about. I'll tell the story. -- Amen

No comments: