Wednesday, July 12, 2006

July 12th Daily Word and Visions from God

July 12th Daily Word and Visions from God
1 Corinthians 1.1-17-All God's gifts are right in front of you as your wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale.
1 Kings 12.32-13.34-a holy man came from Judah by GOD's command and preached...
Joel 1-Don't let this message die out.
Tobit 11.15b-18-So Tobit went in rejoicing and praising God at the top of his voice.
Numbers 13.1-3, 21-Choose a leader from each tribe and send them...

A blurred vision of a church in the midst of this world. Blurred through the water and windshield of noon rain on the car. Blurred with the tint of the windshield. But still the same a church in the world. In our world of electricity, cars, and hustle and bustle of lunch time at an office building. A church in the midst of the world today. Covered in the summer rains of God's Grace. Covered in the waters of our Baptism. Water and the Word together in this vision of a church in the middle of the day, in the middle of the noon rush, in the middle of a summer rain shower, in the middle of life. Jesus breaks into my world and moves into the middle of it too. Jesus, God's gift of Life, right in from on me. As I wait for Jesus to return for the great Finale, I open my blurry eyes and realize that here he is, with me here and now. As I look I see a holy man giving a message all around me and in me. Jesus working on me from the inside out. Working on me and leading me to proclaim the message of Love and Grace to all generations so that he never dies out-- never, ever. This work is wonderful. This is a wonderful choosing of me by God. It makes me want to praise him at the top of my voice. In the midst of the summer shower. In the midst of the hectic intersection. In the midst of the church right through and in the midst of my baptismal font. Thanks be to God for being in the midst of Life!

Lord, lead and guide me this day- right in the midst of things. --- Amen

No comments: