Wednesday, July 26, 2006

July 26th Daily Word and Visions from God



1 Corinthians 12-Each person is given something to do that shows who God is...
2 Kings 6.1-7.2-Listen! GOD's word!
Jonah 1-One day long ago, GOD's Word came to Jonah.
Tobit 4.8-11a-serve God faithfully and do what is pleasing in his sight.
Psalm 7.1-10-You, LORD God, are my protector.
---
A water heater in the house. Supplies hot water for showers and dishes and cleaning. It aids and comforts. It has a specific job. God has created me too for a specific job. Why doesn't this job seem as obvious as the job of this water heater? I think it may be obvious. But I also think God created people wonderfully. He created each person to be able to change into anything he chooses to change them into. So I must listen---listen to God's Word. Listen and follow-not run the other way-- I must listen and serve God faithfully- doing what pleases him. God is my wonderful protector and provided. My job may not always seem to be as obvious as the water heaters- but I have a gift of change which is so much more wonderful- I will listen- I will serve- What a joy!
---
Lord, I'm listening- I'm ready -- Amen

No comments: