Sunday, July 30, 2006

July 30th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Corinthians 15.1-34-Friends, let me go over the Message with you one final time...
this Message on which you took your stand and by which your life has been saved.
2 Kings 10-Do you realize that this very day you are participants in GOD's righteous workings?
Micah 1-Look, here he comes! GOD, from his place!
John 6.1-21-He kept coming closer to the boat, and they were terrified. But he said, "I am Jesus! Don't be afraid."
---
A crowd at the Dayton Air Show watching the skies intently. Watching the wonders of power. Watching with curiosity the creative blessings of engineering and manufacturing. Watching so intently some would climb their chairs. I think this may be what it will be like when Jesus arrives on the clouds. Crowds will watch the awesome power. Will watch Jesus coming closer and closer-- maybe terrified. But then again I think of how Jesus came into our world at his birth. It wasn't like that. It was subtle. It was behind the scenes yet somehow in front of the scenes. Jesus approached the boat on the lake. Sure; I would be terrified too of someone walking on water towards me. But Jesus told them-- Don't be afraid. Do I really believe I won't be terrified if Jesus returns from the sky? But I feel his comfort knowing that however Jesus chooses to return he comes closer and closer. Look, here he comes! Jesus, from his place! Jesus, from his place to mine. Jesus inviting me out to play in his Kingdom, here and now, making me a participant. Well, I may glance at the sky from time to time and look for Jesus. But for now, I'll know that there is work and play to do right here and now in his Kingdom. I'm sure Jesus will take care of his glorious return in some surprising way anyway. Without my input.
---
Lord Jesus, I look to the sky for your return--but for now I am overjoyed to play with you in your Kingdom. Would you mind going over with me that Message one more time. I love that story! Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: