Friday, July 14, 2006

July 14th Daily Word and Visions from God

July 14th Daily Word and Visions from God
1 Corinthians 2-God's Spirit and God's power did it, which make it clear that your life of faith is a response to God's power, not to some fancy mental or emotional footwork by me or anyone else.
1 Kings 15.1-32-he followed in the footsteps of his father...
Joel 2.12-32-Change your life, not just your clothes. Come back to GOD, your God.
Tobit 12.1-5-For he has led me back to you safely...
Amos 7.7-15-But the LORD told me to leave my herds and preach to the people of Israel.

A pair of shoes. Retired for the day. Waiting for the next day and a call to duty. A call to protect the feet. To aid in travel. Just some work boots. Nothing fancy. God brings his message to me like this too. It's through God's Spirit and power that I hear and see a clear life of faith. It's a response to God's power that I make. I don't respond to some fancy footwork of some theologian. Most of the time I see and hear God in the day to day activity of people and nature and God active all around. I may see God in a memory of a parent. I may see God in the footsteps of my earthly father. Hear and learn from a story in his past. In this walk of life I hear God calling me to change. To come back to him. To be with him, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute. God will lead me all lifelong safely. Lead me in some simple work boots. And maybe, just maybe, call me to leave my herd and do something for him. I think as I wear these work boots each day, I'll listen for God's call to action. I'm sure he will lead me through the day.

Lord, lead me this day as these work boots follow in the footsteps of your sandals. -- Amen

No comments: