Friday, July 21, 2006

July 21st Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Corinthians 8-If you hurt your friend, you hurt Christ.
1 Kings 22- Just then someone, without aiming, shot an arrow randomly into the crowd and hit the king of Israel in the chink of his armor.
Amos 6-Woe to those who live only for today, indifferent to the fate of others!
Tobit 13.8-14.1-A bright light will shine to all the ends of the earth...
Jeremiah 23.1-6-The name of this king will be "The LORD Gives Justice."
---
A pet. Someone who takes care of a pet. Feeds and gives all that's needed to live. Love and care and food and water. Exercise. A friend and provider. Wouldn't hurt her pet. Like Christ, I don't feel the hurt from him. Always comfort. Sometimes discipline but always in love. So if I am hurt by a friend or I hurt a friend, I need to think about how Christ would care and love me. Treat my friend with the same love and compassion. That's a tall order sometimes. Sometimes people without meaning to, shoot an arrow into a crowd. I'm hit and wounded and bleed to death and die. Wounded by an arrow shot into a crowd. Now the arrow was shot to kill. But not necessarily to kill the one that is wounded. So don't shoot the arrow in the first place. Replace the anger and hate that causes me to shoot the arrow with love and compassion. Another tall order! Woe to those who only live for today, indifferent to the fate of others! You never know who that arrow may hit. Who your arrow my kill. But in the love and compassion of Christ I can see the bright love of salvation shining throughout all ages. And through the bright love of Christ that arrow falls short of the target and the Lord of Justice rules and saves me. The love of Christ feeds me, and provides for all I need. It's tough when you are hit by that hateful arrow- and it's tough when you shoot that arrow yourself. But look to the light. Look to the light and change.
---
Lord, show me the light of love and compassion you have for all your creatures. Teach me this day. Give me a caring compassionate and loving heart towards all I meet. -- Amen

No comments: