Sunday, July 16, 2006

July 16th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Corinthians 4-So what's the point of all this comparing and competing? You already have all you need. You already have more access to God than you can handle.
1 Kings 17-Then GOD spoke to him: "Get up and go..."
Amos 1-The message of Amos, one of the shepherds of Tekoa, that he received on behalf of Israel. It came to him in visions...
Tobit 12.6-10-Bless God and acknowledge him in the presence of all the living for the good things he has done for you.
Mark 6.14-29-At once her ordered a guard to cut off John's head there in prison.
You ever wonder what it must be like to be the basketball hoop. People stare at you and throw things at you. You are helpless to block the things they throw. Then the people get all excited when what they throw at you passes through you. They fight over getting close to you. The really big tall guys just love to beat on you and hang from you and swing like monkeys from you. They compete to be in your presence. Then once they have used you they run away to as far away as you can see to one of your brothers at the other end of the world and do the same to him. As a basketball hoop, I'm totally dependent on my creator. The only thing I get new from time to time is a new skirt now and then. But I guess it's not all that bad. I get attention about half of the time and when they are through passing this big round thing through me everyone around cheers for me. So for this I give God, my creator, all the honor and glory. Sometimes I like to talk to those guys running at me. When that round thing is a little off the mark, I won't let it pass through. But I'll bounce that round thing off of myself in all sorts of ways and watch them all scramble in different directions so they can try again. I gotta let a lot of stuff bounce off of me. If I took all the times that round thing was thrown at me to heart, as an attack against me, I wouldn't be able to go on with my life. So I let it bounce off. But the times that round thing goes through me. It's really so easy and nice. Nothing to it. And that round thing makes a real nice "swish" noise when it passes through my skirt. I think God gives those times to me too. Times when it's real easy. Swish - then they cheer and run away. God gives nice gifts all the time. The more of those good times God gives me the louder the crowd cheers too. They really like me on those days. Then I have these visions. Sometimes they are great. A guy stands in front of me. Looks at me real real hard. Concentrates and everyone is lined up looking at the guy then me. He throws the round thing and everyone looks like they are going to attack me! And they do if I bounce the round thing back. But if the round thing goes "swish" through my skirt, they all jump back and either run down to the other end to my brother or line up again. Sometimes those visions scare me! But the best part is at the end. They are so happy that they decide to cut my skirt off of me and wave it in the air. It's a celebration I just don't get. A little embarrassing being naked in front of all those cheering people. But really kind of erotic too!
Lord, use me this day in life. Pass through me. Display me naked to the world in your glory and praise. Help me as you bounce around and on and through me and lead me to your glorious life in this world of play. You are God and all the glory is yours! Thanks be to God for the victory you have won! -- Amen

No comments: