Monday, July 24, 2006

July 24th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Corinthians 11.1-16-But the head on a woman's body clearly outshines in beauty...
2 Kings 4- Just go ahead and do it. GOD says there's plenty.
Amos 9-I'll repair the holes in the roof, replace the broken windows, fix it up like new.
Tobit 14.2-3-...continually blessing God and acknowledging God's majesty.
1 Kings 19.9-18-...the LORD asked, "Elijah, why are you here?"
---
A store in Metamora Indiana. Words and Images. God is all about Words and Images. Word that becomes flesh and dwells among us. Images that point us to that Word. Beauty in our world through his Word and Images. The beauty of a woman. Creation of God. The beauty of his earth -- creation of God. The beauty of images all around --creation of God. And God cares for all of the images we see around us through his Word. Through Jesus we are given all we need. We shall not want. I am Soul- I am soul that has a body therefore -- as a soul I shall not want. The Word made flesh is all I need. As I body I will want. But as a soul- I shall not want. And in this God fixes everything. Fixes my sin. Saves me from death. Cleans me up and patches the holes and fixes the windows in me and makes me like new. In joy for the Word- I continually bless God and acknowledge his majesty. Why am I here? To praise, honor and serve God in his Kingdom. And in this praise I can spread it around all day long. Words and Images---Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, lead me by your Word- let all the images I see this day point to your glory and majesty. You are God! -- Amen

No comments: