Thursday, October 12, 2006

October 12th Daily Word and Visions from God

Revelation 12-They weren't in love with themselves; they were willing to die for Christ.
Esther 2- This was all written down in a logbook kept for the king's use.
Psalm 105-26-45-He opened the rock and water poured out; it flowed like a river through the desert--
Psalm 90.12-17-Teach us to use wisely all the time we have.
---
Construction of an underpass. The train will go overhead and the motor traffic beneath it. They have to tear things up to rebuild and move the railroad tracks. Tear things up to make things new. I must be willing to do the same with my life. I must be willing to give up my life and die for Christ to receive life anew in him. I can't be in love with myself..."so long self"---as a popular song testifies. Giving my life to die for Christ. God immerses me in his baptismal waters and washes away my sin, raising me to new life in Christ Jesus. Granting the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide me in life. And it's all recorded in God's "logbook." As I begin my new life, teach me to use this time on earth in ministry to Christ wisely. Construction of an underpass like construction in my life. Tear up the old and rebuild new through Christ.
---
Lord, form me as you choose this day. I worship you and glorify your name. ---Amen

No comments: