Sunday, October 01, 2006

September 30th Daily Word and Visions from God

Jude- But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God's love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life!
Ezra 9-10-Yet here we are, at it again, breaking your commandments...
Psalm 95-Come, let's shout praises to GOD, raise the roof for the Rock who saved us!
James 5.13-20-If you are having trouble, you should pray. And if you are feeling good, you should sing praises.
---
Cracks in the concrete driveway. Grass growing from the cracks. A constant reminder of how the wear and tear of weight, hot, cold, stress and age wear on things and bring cracks. Repair or replace seems to be the only answer. My life sometimes is like these cracks. God repairs and replaces the cracks in my life with his Grace. He repairs the cracks with friends willing to pray in the Holy Spirit for and with me. Willing to keep us centered in God's love. Willing to keep open and outstretched arms. Willing to feel those arms of Jesus reaching out in love and comfort the cracks of my life. Yet over and over again I break the commandments. Knowing my evil I repent and turn to my Savior. And this time the repair is to replace my sinful life with the grace of Jesus' Life given for me. Repair and replace the cracks of my life. God cares and loves for me and you. In trouble I pray but in the repair and replace of the cracks of my life I sing and shout praises to God. I raise the roof to the one who has saved me and replaced my life with his Life. Yea-cracks of life replaced and repaired by my Savior. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, I shout--I sing--I tell of you to all the glory of your name. ---Amen

No comments: