Friday, October 20, 2006

October 20th Daily Word and Visions from God

Revelation 20-Anyone whose name was not found inscribed in the Book of Life was hurled into Lake Fire.
Isaiah 7-8- Because when all is said and done, the last word is Immanuel--God-With-Us.
Psalm 110-The King-Maker put his King on the throne; the True King rules with head held high!
Isaiah 53.4-12-The LORD decided his servant would suffer as a sacrifice to take away the sin and guilt of others.
---
Those blow up Halloween decorations out in front of the Fitness Center. Reminds me of candy and kids having fun at parties. At the end of time, the Book of Life contains the names of God's People--all others who chose to walk away from God will be hurled into the Lake Fire. That's a scary story. I have a choice. Like the disciples James and John had a choice. Will I leave my nets and follow or will I stay at what I'm doing now? What are the risks of staying? What are the risks of following Jesus? What if Jesus is not all he is said to be? But what if he is? When all is said and done---God is With Us--the True King-with us. The King yet a servant who suffers for my sin and guilt. My decision is to follow---what's yours? That decision could result in hope, love and faith or turn out to be a horror story. It's up to you.
---
Lord, I leave my nets to follow you. ---Amen

No comments: