Friday, October 06, 2006

October 6th Daily Word and Visions from God

Revelation 6-How long, Strong God, Holy and True?
Nehemiah 8.13-9.37- Ezra read from the Book of The Revelation of God each day, from the first to the last day...
Psalm 101-My theme song is God's love and justice, and I'm singing it right to you, GOD.
Genesis 2.18-24-...the LORD made a woman out of rib. The LORD God brought her to the man, and the man exclaimed...
---
A pot of flowers I sent to my girls after they worked with me unloading Sarah's things from the U-Haul truck a couple of week-ends ago. They deserved this for putting up with me and my particular ways of doing things. For my demanding work. While unloading this truck, how I wished for Bryan's presence. A strong man to help. But I had to deal with the girls. Times when I thought of God and the woman made out of the rib and wanted to exclaim. Exclaim that I really wanted Bryan! But in the end...the girls diligence and patience with me, caused me to exclaim and proclaim their beauty and wonderful presence in my life. Like the beauty of these flowers the work of my girls beamed forth beauty and patience and honor. God's Word reveals beauty in his Son. Honor and Glory in Revelation. The plea -- How long? We wait for him...yet he is even present now. Jesus comes to us each day--walks with us through life. Causing me to proclaim in song the glorious love of my God for me and all. Another kind of beauty. Beauty that brings forth the constant desire to seek the Word daily in the Bible, in Creation, in people and the world around me. Beauty in flowers, beauty in my girls, beauty in my Savior, beauty in the Word of God...and yes...beauty in the strength of my son and God's Son. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, I give you thanks for all the forms of beauty you display and give me to enjoy day after day. ---Amen

No comments: