Sunday, October 08, 2006

October 8th Daily Word and Visions from God

Revelation 8-When the Lamb ripped off the seventh seal, Heaven fell quiet--complete silence for about half an hour.
Nehemiah 11-The singers got their orders from the king, who drew up their daily schedule.
Psalm 103-Bless GOD, all creatures, wherever you are--everything and everyone made by GOD.
Mark 10.2-16-Then Jesus took the children in his arms and blessed them by placing his hands on them.
---
One of those energy saving light bulbs. A shade to diffuse the light. A spiral, fluorescent light bulb diffusing light even before it hits the lampshade. Silent testimony to the light if emits. When the Lamb ripped off the seventh seal, Heaven fell quiet--complete silence for about half an hour. Fall silent for 15 seconds...............what did you hear? I don't think I know what complete silence is. I think it must be of God. In the silence I know on this earth, I can hear things. I think complete silence would be a form of music. Complete silence would be praise and glory to God as much as our songs of praise that we sing. Orders from the King--fall silent. Contrast the difference of silence with the singing of praise. Both gifts from and too God. Both blessings from God's created creatures and gifts given to God. Silence and praise. Jesus talks about laying his hands on the children and blessing them. Light-Silence-Singers-Children---all united in Jesus. As the Light of God shines in this dark world through Jesus- as the silence of prayer and longing for the healing touch of Jesus- as the loud singers of praise to the glory of God- our Savior, Jesus, reached out and touches his children in love and blessing. Sounds like heaven to me. Looks like that wonderful spiral of Light from God given to all his children to feel the touch of Jesus in Life. How can I keep from singing...even in silence for about half an hour.
---
Lord, you point me to you- in your touch-in your Light-in your silence-in your glory-in your suffering-in your death- in your cross-in your tomb-in your resurrection- in heaven-and to you here in this place---I believe! I believe!- in you! Send me now to be the shade that diffuses your light to the world I walk in this day. All the glory and honor is yours. ---Amen

No comments: