Saturday, October 07, 2006

October 7th Daily Word and Visions from God

Revelation 7-Don't so much as hurt a tree until I've sealed the servants of our God on their foreheads!
Nehemiah 9.38-10.39-We will not neglect The Temple of our God.
Psalm 102-GOD, listen! Listen to my prayer, listen to the pain in my cries.
Hebrews 1.1-4, 2.5-12-God created the universe by his Son, and everything will someday belong to the Son. God's Son has all the brightness of God's own glory and is like him in every way.
---
A row of trees in autumn. Restrict the bright blue endless sky behind them. What would it take to get to the other side of these trees? I think passage through an open field then fighting the low brush to winding through the trees. It would be dark at foot level. Rays of light peeping through from above while in the middle. Possibly the danger of snakes or disturbing the homes of some ground animals. But why take this journey? Why go to the other side? What if heaven was on that other side? Would the journey be worth it? What if God would send someone to take this journey with me? Sent someone from that other side to this side where I am to show me the way. Sent someone to forge the path ahead of me. Sent someone who would take the journey then come back and walk with me on my journey to the other side. What if God loved me so much to do this? Would God really do that just for me? Would God do that for you? Maybe God has. Maybe God has sealed me on the forehead with water and oil, with the sign of the cross to remind me that someone has come for me to take me on this journey. Someone who knows the way. Who has suffered the pain and is willing to suffer the pain along with me as we walk this journey together. Someone to celebrate the beauty of the shafts of light that peek through the trees. The Light that leads me in the darkness. The Light that brings endless joy. The Light that reflects and illumines the blue sky of endless love and salvation. The Light on the other side of the trees and the Light by my side that restores this Temple of God in me to what God wants it to be. Maybe at my baptism, God heard my cry and sent me some Light, some Word, some Son to walk with me in the pain. To rejoice with me in the joy of life and love. Maybe God sent his Son, the very creator of these trees and the universe to show me the path to take, to walk with me. God created the universe by his Son, and everything will someday belong to the Son. God's Son has all the brightness of God's own glory and is like him in every way. Maybe, just maybe my Savior is with me right now as I walk through these trees of life, leading me with his Light of Salvation and Glory, through the pain, through the joy to that other side ---to heaven. That's where I choose to put my hope and faith and love. In the brightness of the Light of God's Son. Thanks and glory and praise be to this Light, my Savior!
---
Lord, I'll follow the Light of your glory through the trees ahead. -- Amen

No comments: