Monday, October 30, 2006

October 30th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Timothy 1-I Paul, am an apostle on special assignment for Christ, our living hope.
Isaiah 31-33- GOD, treat us kindly. You're our only hope.
Psalm 119.33-64-Your love, GOD, fills the earth!
Mark 10.46-52-Right away the man could see, and he went down the road with Jesus.
---
You have made public profession of your faith. Do you intend to continue in the covenant God made with you in Holy Baptism:
to live among God's faithful people,
to hear his Word and share in his supper,
to proclaim the good news of God in Christ through word and deed,
to serve all people, following the example of our Lord Jesus,
and to strive for justice and peace in all the earth?
I do, and I ask God to help and guide me.
Jake, my step-grandson and joy.
This was Jakes reply to the statement above. Just like it should be. But before Jake replied, there was a long long pause. Silence for a couple of minutes. The congregation in suspense. God speaking loud and clear through the silence of Jake. Then his response. A response not taken lightly, a response from the heart of a young handicapped blind man, asking God to help and guide him. I was told that during the Confirmation practice, Jake used a different phrase. --- "I do, and I hope God helps me."--- I think Jake's original response is more appropriate than the accepted printed response. Jake has hope in God. I saw Jake at his confirmation sent on a special assignment to the congregation gathered, display a deep deep faith in Christ, the Living Hope. I saw and heard Jake respond to God about how God is our only hope. I saw this young blind man in a wheel chair show his faith in a God whose love fills not only each one of us but the entire earth and universe. All filled with love in some silence and a hope in a God to help us. God through Jake, and in some silence and slow deliberate words, lifted my blindness for my walk with Jesus down the road of life. Confirmation for Jake lifted the blindness and filled eyes with tears of many believers in a brief moment of silence and powerful confession of hope and faith in Jesus. God spoke through Jake yesterday, in silence and faith and hope and opened the blind eyes of our congregation to the glory and hope of what Jesus has done for all. Thanks Jake and thanks be to God for you and the gift you freely gave to all.
---
I believe! ---and I hope God helps me! ---Amen

No comments: