Wednesday, October 18, 2006

October 18th Daily Word and Visions from God

Revelation 18-O Heaven celebrate!
Isaiah 3-4-And that's when GOD's Branch will sprout green and lush.
Psalm 109.1-19-My God, don't turn a deaf ear to my hallelujah prayer.
Luke 1.1-4; 24.44-53-They also say that all people of every nation must be told in my name to turn to God, in order to be forgiven.
---
This is where I grew up. At least for about 12 or 13 years of my life. From six years old to nineteen years old. It is a large duplex where I lived and grew. The landlord lived in the other half of this house. When I drive by this house, I always have some desire to walk through it once again. Walk through to see what is the same and what has changed. See what memories pop into my mind as I walk through. But I have never gone back to do this. Some day I will go home though. And God has prepared that place for me to go to. A place prepared by Jesus. A place that, in my mind will be green and lush, always summer and family and friends all around. A place to celebrate. Celebrate the victory God has graciously given those who place their hope and trust and faith in the Savior Jesus Christ. Yea---take a trip back in your mind to that place for yourself. I see myself approaching that cross- the place of death and pain-yet salvation- approaching hand in hand with friends -- kneeling together-- slowly raising our gaze from the foot of this cross to see Jesus in all his glory. Turn to Him and feel all the forgiveness and Love of God. All God's people approaching with us and praising God. I think that's what God wants me to tell others about. That Love of God through Jesus my Savior. It's a home-coming story worth telling. Now that's what home is--God's Love!
---
Lord, you are God--you are my Savior-I will tell of your salvation day after day. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: