Monday, October 02, 2006

October 2nd Daily Word and Visions from God

Revelation 2-"Are your ears awake? Listen. Listen to the Wind Words, the Spirit blowing through the churches."
Nehemiah 3- ...they repaired it, hung its doors, and installed its bolts and bars.
Psalm 97-You, GOD, are High God of the cosmos, Far, Far higher than any of the gods.
Acts 13.44-52-You are to take the saving power of God to people everywhere on earth.
---
A wall of old GE ads. I collect these each year from a booth at the Ohio State Fair. It's become a sort of hobby of mine. Then I staple them to the walls of my little study room in the basement. Not sure why. I work at GE, so I suppose that is where the interest comes from. Just a thing I do. God doesn't need to advertise himself. His glorious power of the cosmos makes all people take notice. He is God of all creation. God of the cosmos. I must open my ears and listen to his Word. See the Spirit blow through the Church. Pitch in when needed and repair the gates of Jerusalem and open my mind, my soul, my heart to his Word. Fling wide the gate of my soul to the Word of God. And fling wide open the gate of his Word to people everywhere on earth. I may like GE ads as a collection. But I will rejoice in advertising a loving, caring, saving God in my life to all the world. And that will not be a hobby, but a work of joy. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, I sing your glory and praise you to all I meet this day. -- Amen

No comments: