Sunday, October 01, 2006

October 1st Daily Word and Visions from God

Revelation 1- "Don't fear I am First, I am Last, I'm Alive. I died, but I came to life, and my life is now and forever."
Nehemiah 1-2-They said, "We're with you. Let's get started." They rolled up their sleeves, ready for the good work.
Psalm 96-Take the news of his glory to the lost, News of his wonders to one and all!
Mark 9.38-50- Have salt among you and live at peace with each other.
---
A bottle --an empty bottle of liqueur that Sarah gave to me as a gift from a trip she took to Germany a few years ago. It has Luther as it's seal and emblem. The joy of drink. No--not to get drunk. Not to abuse. Not to harm my body. But in relaxation, moderation and celebration of joy. But this stuff from Germany was harsh. Kind of like cough syrup. Strange yet taken in very small amounts delicious. God sent and still sends a powerful message through his Word to people throughout the ages. I tend to take it in small amounts. Powerful in taste and smell. Powerful in all it's glory. First-Last-Life forever. Concepts difficult-concepts in my face-concepts easy to accept-concepts impossible to understand. Read his Word. Everyday. Read it and take it in. Taste it day after day. Smell it and absorb his Word into yourself. Each and everyday. Take it like medicine. Take it in joy. Take the news of his glory to the lost. News of his wonders to one and all. Taste his Word and bring the taste and saltiness of Life and live in peace with each other. Taste his Word each day then go out and rebuild Jerusalem just as God directs and commands you to do. Each and every day. Boy was that bottle good. That bottle from Germany. Yea--it tasted and felt wonderful. Just a small amount went so far. But so much more the Word of God does in my life day after day. What a wonderful taste to share!
---
Send me this day as Salt into your Kingdom. Send me out to proclaim the joy of your Taste and Freedom in this Life you freely give. --- Amen

No comments: