Thursday, October 26, 2006

October 26th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Thessalonians 5-Walk out into the daylight sober, dressed up in faith, love, and the hope of salvation.
Isaiah 23-24- From the four winds and the seven seas we hear all the singing: "All praise to the Righteous One!"
Psalm 116-Oh, GOD, here I am you servant, your faithful servant: set me free for your service!
Jeremiah 31.31-34-I will forgive their sins and forget the evil things they have done.
---
Light clouds at noon just beyond some fall trees. It was like looking into the future from the present. Maybe a vision of a trip through time into the future. That future when some day Jesus would appear riding the Wind of those clouds. A dream into the future but also the reality of the present. The daylight of now--when I hear that I am to walk this fall season, sober, dressed up in faith, love and the hope of salvation. Future- four winds - Christ on the clouds- present praising Jesus the Righteous One. Future salvation fulfilled. Present a faithful servant set free for service in God's Kingdom. Future resurrection of the dead. Present sins forgiven and evil forgotten. In the future of the Wind in the clouds or the present of the fall trees, God is with me and will lead and guide me along this present path of life.
---
Lord, as I look to the future, ground me and direct me in the service of the present. I look to you now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: