Friday, October 27, 2006

October 27th Daily Word and Visions from God

2 Thessalonians 1-Grace is behind and through all this, our God giving himself freely, the Master, Jesus Christ, giving himself freely.
Isaiah 25-26-GOD, you are my God.
Psalm 117-His love has taken over our lives...
Romans 3.19-28-All the Law does is point to our sin...All of us have sinned and fall short of God's glory.
---
Our family room. For this evening this was the family gathered. Sometimes this room is like a playground for the dogs. They play and roll around with one another in some kind of fun I guess only dogs can enjoy. But it does remind me of playing with my brother Jim when I was a kid. In play I can see God's grace, through and behind all the joy it brings. Joy in salvation given freely by Christ that allows this joy to overflow in play. Knowing that God is my God and he cares enough for me to save me from my broken life of sin brings endless joy. Knowing that Jesus says "I love you" by his actions brings wonderful play and joy. His love takes over life and joy abounds. Even in the family room with some dogs who celebrate their joy in their own way.
---
Jesus, you bring joy and play to life. Thanks! ---Amen

No comments: