Saturday, March 10, 2007

March 10th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 13.1-23- And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty.
Leviticus 17-18-Thus you are to keep My charge, that you do not practice any of the abominable customs which have been practiced before you, so as not to defile yourselves with them; I am the LORD your God.
Proverbs 28-He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.
1 Corinthians 10.1-13-No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
---
Make My Love visible. Jesus calls me and you to make His Love visible to the world we live in. I often wonder about how we measure things. Above is a measurement of temperature and humidity. For the most part it is a measurement of things that can't be seen. In our response to Jesus Love we make visible this measurement of things unseen. We make our faith and love visible to the world we live in. How is this faith measured? Is there a reading somewhere like with temperature and humidity? Then if you do measure, will I be suspect to thinking that a higher number will make me more delightful in the eyes of God? Maybe there isn't a need to measure this.
Maybe part of what Jesus is trying to tell by the Parable of the Soil is that if I receive His gift of faith and love, the results will bear fruit and His Love will be shown in that fruit through me. Don't worry about the measurement part of it. Just bear the fruit and be thankful for the faith God provides.
In the Leviticus passage I see the response to forgiveness of sin. I need to be careful of my actions. I am without a doubt guilty of some of those sins mentioned in this passage but the point may be for me to move on from that, forgiven and blessed with the joyful faith freely given to me and bear fruit in Love once again.
Move on and bear fruit, confess my sin, forsake it and find compassion. Only one of us is perfect and it ain't me or you! So I will trust that Perfect One that I won't be tempted beyond what I can endure, and that I will be given the faith needed to bear the fruit of His Love in His Kingdom day after day as a forgiven sinner.
---
Lord, I'm not perfect. I sin. Forgive my sin. Give me faith and feed me in Your Truth to bear Your Fruit of Love in Your Kingdom this day. ---Amen

No comments: