Sunday, March 04, 2007

March 4th Daily Word and Visions from God

March 4th Daily Word and Visions from GodMatthew 10.1-25-Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.
Leviticus 7-8-Thus Aaron and his sons did all the things which the LORD had commanded through Moses.
Proverbs 22-The sluggard says, "There is a lion outside; I will be killed in the streets!"
Luke 13.31-35-Nevertheless I must journey on today and tomorrow and the next day...
---
Wear the gloves of my protection and do the hard work I send you to do. Jesus seems to be telling me this today. Jesus provides the protection I need to do the hard work. He sends us out as sheep in the midst of wolves, to work in His Kingdom. Sometimes life isn't easy. Sometimes you have to put on the gloves for the battle. I have been going to the gym the past year and a half or so to battle my struggle with diabetes. Diet and exercise. It's not all that easy. I have noticed from the lifting machines the toll that has been taken on my hands. So I bought these gloves for a little protection. Jesus is my protection in life. Jesus provides all the protection I need in the struggle. I need to take on the challenges set before me and not fear the lions in the streets. Take on the struggle and not be the sluggard with an excuse. Depend on the protection God provides and do what He commands. I must journey on with Christ today, tomorrow and the next day. That's life sometimes. But I know that there is protection and hope. I know there is Life in Christ. I know that my focus must be on Christ and the love He calls me to carry out for others in this world. No matter how hard the struggle. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, you prepare me for battle, protect, guide, lead and send me this day to do your will. ---Amen

No comments: