Sunday, March 11, 2007

March 11th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 13.24-58-"So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous, and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Have you understood all these things?" They said to Him, "Yes."
Leviticus 19-You shall rise up before the gray headed and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the LORD.
Proverbs 29-The fear of man brings a snare, but he who trusts in the LORD will be exalted.
Luke 13.1-9-...unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
---
We set our clocks forward last night in preparation for the time change. I often wonder what time it would be at that very instant that it is set forward. What if Jesus returned at that time. We wouldn't know the time then. What time is it at that moment. Time is a funny thing when you think about it. It is mentioned here as the "end of the age." Seems vague. Maybe so on purpose. Does it really matter what time it is then? I don't think so. It will be time for the sorting to begin. Funny how I sin and try to sort people out for God ahead of time. Sort out who I think is the "good" and who is the "bad." But in this I sin. I need to worry about "Bill" not others. I need to understand that the sorting taking place involves me too. I need to love all people and let God do the sorting. I sin when I sort. God wants me to honor those who have stood through time. The gray headed are full of wisdom and life and knowledge and hope. Learn from them and see how God has been active in their lives and apply what I learn to my own life. Trust in God who is beyond all time. And above all else see and smell the stench of my sin and repent. I need God to save me in that sorting beyond all time. I don't have time to worry about sorting others myself. I don't have time to sort others because I have enough to take care of myself. So I will forgive them instead of sorting them. I will repent and beg forgiveness. I will bear fruit for my Lord and Savior the rest of my time. Well it's time to move on.
---
Lord, forgive me and save me I pray. ---Amen

No comments: