Monday, March 19, 2007

March 19th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 18.18-35-Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My father who is in heaven.
Numbers 7-8- Now when Moses went into the tent of meeting to speak with Him, he heard the voice speaking to him from above the mercy seat that was on the ark of the testimony, from between the two cherubim, so He spoke to him.
Ecclesiastes 6-There is an evil which I have seen under the sun and it is prevalent amount men...
Matthew 1.16, 18-21, 24a- ...and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.
---
Jesus is with us in the valley, on the mountain, and at our sides along every trail we travel. Along the trails we meet others. We introduce Jesus to them. We agree that He is our Savior and Lord. We agree and ask God to lead and guide us. And it is done. Agreements are agreements. One thing easy to agree on is the grace of God. It is a gift. A gift we graciously accept. An altar call of acceptance. Freely given by a God that walks that trail with us. A God that came to us first. A God that makes the first move in love. And we agree and accept that gift. Accept and respond in joy and thanksgiving and loving service to God all life. A new life in a God that runs to us and welcomes us as His, even with a kiss. A God that speaks to us from that mercy seat of the cross. A God that comes down to us and dies for us on the cross. A God that acts first. And I accept and respond. I listen to His voice. I hear His command. I accept His grace, respond and obey and listen. Avoid the evil of my selfishness and thinking that my action saves. It's not my action but God's action. God's action of love makes me love. And I call His name Jesus, because He saves His people from their sins. I accept, I respond, I act towards Your first action. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, You have acted throughout all time. You walk and have walked the trail with me and before me. I accept your grace in love. I respond to Your first action in joy, love, thanksgiving and service. You are my God and I hear Your altar call and voice from the mercy seat between the cherubim. Thanks be to God! ---Amen

No comments: