Thursday, March 29, 2007

March 29th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 23.13-39-Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.
Numbers 23.27-24.25-One from Jacob shall have dominion...
Song of Solomon 5.2-6.3-His head is like gold, pure gold...
Isaiah 50.4-9a-He awakens Me morning by morning, he awakens My ear to listen as a disciple.
--- --- ---
See the endless waters of baptism, My life-giving water---My ever-lasting, eternal supply of grace.
---
A picture of the Atlantic Ocean from a vacation taken a couple of years ago. Whenever I look at the ocean I can't help but to feel humble in the presence of God. Then when I think of my baptism and the gift of grace God freely gives I stand in awe of God. How compassionate He is. When Jesus spoke the words about Jerusalem, He knew what was about to happen to Him. He knew He would suffer and die. He knew that He would take on and become the sin that I am. He knew that only by taking on and becoming my sin and dying would He finally defeat sin. He knew, yet He still had compassion for me. Wanted to gather all people under His wing and care for them. And in taking on sin and in becoming sin, He did. Jesus has dominion over sin, death and the devil. Jesus is the King of Kings. Jesus is the Lord of Lords. Jesus is our Savior. His head is like gold to me, pure gold. His head is even much more precious that gold to me. Jesus is my Savior. Jesus is my life. Jesus in my King. He became sin for me. For me! Thanks be to God! Oh how I long to awaken morning my morning and hear His voice. I see, I feel, I know of the endless waters of my baptism. Day by day. I see, I feel, I know of the eternal grace. Jesus became my sin on that cross. Jesus died for me. Jesus, my King!
---
Lord, I look to You this day---I listen---I give thanks---I worship You---You are my King! --- Amen

No comments: