Sunday, March 25, 2007

March 25th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 21.28-46-Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.
Numbers 19-20-Because you have not believed Me, to treat Me as holy in the sight of the sons of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them.
Ecclesiastes 11.9-12.14-The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil.
John 12.1-8-Mary then took a pound of very costly perfume of pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus and wiped His feet with her hair; and the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
---
---
Especially while in your pain and sin, broadcast my loving, saving grace to the world.
---
This is a picture of a Christian Church that is on the route I take when walking the dogs. Notice the steeple of the church is extended by a radio tower in the background. It strikes me that the steeple seems to be part of the broadcast tower communicating to the community and surrounding area. Sure, those people inside that church are sinners. Just as I'm a sinner. But even in sin and pain, I hear Jesus telling me to broadcast His message of love and grace and salvation.
---
I know I will be judged someday. And I know that on my own merit I fall short. Way short. But I also know that I have a Savior who took on that sin for me to save me from death. And in my Savior Jesus I lay all my hope. This doesn't mean that I turn around and go out and sin freely. It means that I struggle with my sin. I try to not sin. I also, day after day, turn to my Savior and follow Him. Follow Him knowing that He is the only one who can overcome sin. Follow Him knowing that He died for my sin. Follow Him and respond to His call, day after day.
---
Moses struck the rock that God had commanded him to use to bring water to the people in the desert. But Moses goofed it up. Moses sinned in taking credit for the water from the rock. Moses struck the rock and made it look like he was the savior of the people. Only God can be the Savior. Not me, not Moses, not anyone. Only God. Through Jesus I am saved. Not through any action of my own, only through Jesus. The consequence is death. Sure I will suffer the consequence of my sin. Moses was denied entry into the Promised Land because of his sin at the rock. But God provides an eternal way to salvation through Jesus.
---
So what of all this. Mary is the answer. She took some expensive perfume, humbled herself, and washed the feet of Jesus. Mary knew that Jesus was her Savior. Mary knew how to humble herself in her sin. Mary shows us the way to worship. Oh how I love Mary! In Mary's action is my example of how to respond to this Savior of mine who died for my sin. And like the church in the picture---a church full of sinners---the message can be broadcast to all the community. Jesus is your Savior. Jesus and only Jesus. Especially while in your pain and sin, broadcast His loving, saving grace to the whole world. And the smell of that sweet, wonderful perfume of Grace will fill the entire house. Thanks be to God!
---
---
Lord, I humble myself in my sin. I turn to You for forgiveness. I love You dearly and wash your feet with my hair. May the message of Your sweet smelling Grace fill my world this day so that all may turn to you for salvation. ---Amen

No comments: