Thursday, March 15, 2007

March 15th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 15.21-39-So the crowd marveled as they saw the mute speaking, the crippled restored, and the lame walking, and the blind seeing; and they glorified the God of Israel.
Leviticus 26-27-These are the commandments which the LORD commanded Moses for the sons of Israel at Mount Sinai.
Ecclesiastes 1.12-2.26-This too is vanity and striving after wind.
Joshua 5.9-12- The manna ceased on the day after they had eaten some of the produce of the land...
---
We can't hide behind any mask or costume from God. God knows us. Knows us intimately. God knows what He has planned for us. So I marvel day after day at how I see God acting through those around me and how God acts through me. I marvel at how God acts in creation and the world. I marvel at how God reveals my sin through the Law. How God cares for my well being through His commands. God takes away my pessimism and my striving after the wind. God redirects my efforts when I realize that He is the One I worship and adore. And when I eat the fruit of reward, the manna of the desert is no longer needed. God has provided in the good times and through the bad times in His awesome Love. We can't hide behind any mask or costume from God. In this I give Him all the thanks and glory. For I know in my openness that He loves me.
---
God, I confess my sin---I am open and naked before You--- Forgive me and send me to work with You in Your Kingdom this day. ---Amen

No comments: