Monday, March 26, 2007

March 26th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 22.1-22-But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes, and he said to him, "Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?" And the man was speechless.
Numbers 21-Then the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a standard; and it shall come about, that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, he will live."
Song of Solomon 1.1-2.7-He has brought me to his banquet hall, and his banner over me is love.
Luke 1.26-38-The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you...
--- --- ---
Put on the clothes of My grace and be joyous at the Wedding Feast.
---
This is an old picture of the family from a couple of years back. I want to think it was at the Wedding Reception of my nephew Matt. But I'm not real sure about that.
---
Jesus tells a parable about a King inviting guests to a wedding feast. One person attending didn't wear the wedding clothes. This person was kicked out. You and I have been invited to a Wedding Feast also. A Wedding Feast of God. He has invited us to the party. He will clothe us with His Love and Grace at His Wedding Feast. This Wedding Feast is the party of salvation freely offered to all. Jesus has invited you and I to party with Him at His victorious Wedding Feast of the Lamb. Will you choose to wear the wedding clothes He has provided? Will you accept the Love and Grace and the gifts of the Spirit He provides? It's up to you. But, I have to look at the parable once again and realize the consequences. Take the invitation and proudly wear the clothes He has provided.
---
At this Wedding Feast, I can see How Jesus has overcome sin and death. God told Moses to provide a snake on a pole for the people to look at and be healed from snake bite. We all have been snake bitten by sin. We all need to look at that pole. We have been given the Cross of Jesus Christ to look at and be healed from our snake bite of sin. In our focus on Jesus on the Cross we can see what a price He paid for our salvation. We can see His Love for us. We can rejoice in that invitation to the Wedding Feast of Salvation through seeing Christ on that Cross.
---
Through that Cross, Jesus has invited us to the banquet. And at that banquet, at that Wedding Feast, we are given freely His banner of Love. Covered in His Love, and clothed with the wedding clothes of His Love.
---
And we are called. Mary was called and we are called too. Not only will we be clothed at that Wedding Feast with salvation and Love, but we will also be given power from the Holy Spirit. How awesome will that Feast be?
---
Now having been invited to the feast. Having seen Christ on the Cross. Having seen the Love of Salvation through His death and resurrection. Having been clothed with the banner of His Love. Having been given the power from the Holy Spirit. Will you decide to wear the clothes? Will you attend the Feast in the Spirit of Joy? I will! Hope to see you there.
--- --- ---
Lord, You are amazing. You are Loving. You provide for me daily. You clothe me with the clothes of Your salvation. Let's walk together this day. Show me the way You want me to be. Show me the way You want me to act. Show me the way You want me to love. I proudly wear the clothes You have so lovingly and graciously provided. ---Amen

No comments: