Friday, March 23, 2007

March 23rd Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 20.17-34-And Jesus stopped and called them, and said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" They said to Him, "Lord, we want our eyes to be opened." Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately they regained their sight and followed Him.
Numbers 15-16-"It shall be a tassel for you to look at and remember all the commandments of the LORD, so as to do them and not follow after your own heart and your own eyes, after which you played the harlot, so that you may remember to do all My commandments and he holy to your God.
Ecclesiastes 9.13-10.20-Wisdom is better than strength.
Psalm 126-The LORD has done great things for us; we are glad.
---
See how I serve. Now go and love and serve others likewise. A bear trapped in a pit that serves by begging for food. Puts on an act and is paid with food. Jesus allowed Himself to be trapped in my sin. He allowed Himself to serve me. It all seems so backwards. I am the guilty one. I am the one that deserves to be trapped and put in the pit. I am the sinful one that needs to do tricks for my food. But Jesus has compassion. Jesus opens my blind eyes and shows me that He takes my place. He takes my sin and the captivity I deserve and dies for me in my stead. Jesus takes on the commandments that I fail to keep and reminds me with His action in my place of the tassels for me to remember that His salvation is from Him. Salvation is nothing I deserve or can earn. I have failed at the salvation game and must have Jesus in the pit to save me from my sinful self. Jesus' Wisdom is better than strength. For in His compassion and love He opens the eyes of my heart and makes me see His grace, love, compassion, strength and service. Jesus has done a great and awesome thing for me and I am truly glad. I will even do a trick or two or three or more for Him. Now and forever more. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, You have shown me the way through captivity. You have shown me great love and compassion. Open my eyes today to see You clearly. Open my eyes to give compassion and love and service to those You place in my path today. ---Amen

No comments: