Sunday, March 18, 2007

March 18th Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 18.1-17-And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, "Truly I say to you. unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."
Numbers 5-6-The LORD bless you, and keep you; the LORD make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace.
Ecclesiastes 5-Guard your steps as you go to the house of God and draw near to listen...
Luke 15.1-3, 11b-32-But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.
---
I can almost hear the roar of the water, as I reflect on this picture taken in early April in the mountains. It's not spring yet, but I sure am looking forward to it. I want to run and jump and play in the warmth of the mountains. I want to feel the cool waters and enjoy them. I can hear Jesus telling me in this picture to hear the roar of His life giving waters and rejoice. Rejoice daily in my baptism and hear His call day after day. In the waters God has converted me to become His child. In the daily waters and rebirth in baptism God calls me to die to my old self and live new in Him. And in this baptism, a gift from God, I am blessed. His face shines on me day after day. God has been so gracious to me. God gives me peace. And in His baptismal call I come to Him and listen. Listen carefully to his voice. Listen to His Fatherly advice. Listen.... Listen to the roar of the waters. Feel the grace of a loving, compassionate Father who sees me a long way off. Sees me in my sin and even then, runs to me, embraces me, kisses me and offers me salvation. Thanks be to God for the roar of love in the gift of His calling and the gift of His baptismal waters. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, I hear You calling. I feel the water. Drench me. Drown me. Pull me out of the water to new life in You. Day after day after day...forever and ever. I hear the roar of Your life giving water and rejoice! ---Amen

No comments: