Friday, March 02, 2007

March 2nd Daily Word and Visions from God

Matthew 9.1-17-Why is your Teacher eating with the tax collectors and sinners?
Leviticus 3-4-...and all the rest of its blood he shall pour out at the base of the altar.
Proverbs 20-Do not say, "I will repay evil"; wait for the LORD and He will save you.
Psalm 27-Wait for the LORD; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the LORD.
---
Wait and trust. Wait and trust. Only God can save. Only God can save. The religious leaders of Jesus day were always trying to open a can of worms with Jesus. They were always trying to trick Him and find ways to expose Jesus faults. But Jesus had no faults. Jesus knew the way. Jesus was the way. Why is your Teacher eating with tax collectors and sinners? What is wrong with your Teacher Jesus? He hangs with the wrong crowd. Jesus hangs with this crowd and with you and me because He came to save sinners. He came to have his Blood poured at the base of the altar, that cross of Jesus. Jesus didn't come to repay evil with evil but to save us from evil. I can't do anything to save myself from evil but wait for Jesus. I need to take faith, be strong of heart and courage and wait for Jesus to save. Wait and trust. Wait and trust. Only God can save. Only God can save. And that's the can Jesus has decided to open. The can of my salvation. I will rejoice and be glad!
---
Lord, I wait and trust in you. I wait for you to open the can of my soul and save me. Then release the contents of your salvation in me to Your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: