Tuesday, July 31, 2007

July 31st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Lord, you bless with words assuring: "I am with you to the end." Faith and hope and love restoring, may we serve as you intend and, amid the cares that claim us, hold in mind eternity: With the Spirit's gifts empower us for the work of ministry. ("Lord, You Give the Great Commission" - Text:Jeffrey Rowthorn, b. 1934)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
1 Corinthians 15.35-58-The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.
2 Kings 11-But Jehosheba, the daughter of King Joram, sister of Ahaziah, took Joash the son of Ahaziah and stole him from among the king's sons who were being put to death, and placed him and his nurse in the bedroom. So they hid him from Athaliah, and he was not put to death.
Micah 2-So their king goes on before them, and the LORD at their head.
Romans 9.30-10.4-Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.
--- --- ---

God's Word of the Day
You are My minister, gifted, called and sent.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I have been blessed with Your assuring presence throughout life.
I have been gifted, called and sent by You.
You, Lord, restore my faith, hope and love always.
I will serve You in the midst of the storms of life.

I am an earthy man with a heavenly vision.
You provide the hope of a heavenly body.
I work with You on a new creation of glory.
I work with You in the midst of this earthly life.

You guide and protect.
You provide a way for the King to rule forever.
When it looks bleak, You show me the way.
I will listen to You when my cares cause me to wander.

My neighbor is now my heart's desire.
May they see You as the King.
Help my neighbor to receive Your salvation.
We will be Your servants forevermore.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Sometimes it looks like the twists and turns of life lead me away from you. Worry, disease, pain and suffering distract me. But I look and see You are with me. Caring for me and giving hope. Leading me and showing me that slim path to salvation in You. Let me hear Your voice today. Let me be led by You. Send me out with hope, love and glory of the Heavenly Kingdom that is here and now and being created anew. ---Amen

No comments: