Tuesday, September 04, 2007

September 1st - 4th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

September 1st Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling, calling for you and for me. See, on the portals he’s waiting and watching, watching for you and for me. "Come home, come home! You who are weary, come home." Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling, calling, "O sinner, come home!" ("Softly and Tenderly Jesus Is Calling" – Text: Will L. Thompson, 1847-1909)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 9.1-23-
So they said to the blind man again, "What do you say about Him, since He opened your eyes?" And he said, "He is a prophet."
2 Chronicles 6-"But will God indeed dwell with mankind on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain You; how much less this house which I have built."
Malachi 2.17-3.18-"But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap."
Hebrews 13.1-8, 15-16-Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name. And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
--- --- ---

God’s Word of the Day
I have come to your home. I call out to You. Come home to Me.

Psalm of the Day
Lord, I hear Your call to come home.
You have come to me in the midst of the fire.
You purify me in the midst of the fire.
You skim off the sin in my life and clean me with Your wonderful soap of Love.
Life’s not always easy. I’m in the fire. I need Your cleaning and refining.
Cleanse me of my sin I pray.
You are my God. You open my eyes and send me in Your Love.
I will continually sacrifice my life to You.
I will eternally praise Your name.
May the fruit of my lips be a source of joy and thanksgiving to all I meet this day.
I’m at home with You.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
I hear Your call to come home. I give You thanks that You are with me in the fire. That You skim the dross and see Your reflection in me. Forgive me, cleanse me and send me to love in Your name. ---Amen

September 2nd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
Chief of sinners though I be, Jesus shed his blood for me, died that I might live on high, lives that I might never die. As the branch is to the vine, I am his, and his is mine. ("Chief of Sinners Though I Be" – Text: William McComb, 1793-1870)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 9.24-42
-And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him.
2 Chronicles 7-Now when Solomon had finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the LORD filled the house.
Malachi 4-"Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD."
Luke 14.1, 7-14-"But when you give a reception, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."
--- --- ---

God’s Word of the Day
Believe in Me and you will live in Me and I will live in You. You will hold a reception of Love for My people.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
Lord, I believe! I truly believe!
You have fed me and I believe!
I worship and adore You. I believe!
You came into my life like fire to refine and purify me. I believe!
You consume me. I believe!
I anticipate Your triumphant return with joy. I believe!
You show Your Love through me to all Your people. I believe!
Lord, I believe! I truly believe!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You have graciously broken into my world of sin and brought me the gift of faith. I repent and turn to You for salvation. I believe in You and You alone. Thanks be to God! ---Amen


September 3rd Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
O Christ, the healer, we have come to pray for health, to plead for friends. How can we fail to be restored when reached by love that never ends? ("O Christ, the Healer, We Have Come" – Text: Fred Pratt Green, 1903-2000)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 10.1-21
-"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
2 Chronicles 8-Then Solomon offered burnt offerings to the LORD on the altar of the LORD which he had build before the porch…
Psalm 73-Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
2 Chronicles 12.1-12-And when he humbled himself, the anger of the LORD turned away from him…
--- --- ---

God’s Word of the Day
I am your audience. You have seen what I have done out of love for you. Worship and love is what I desire.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
I sit on the porch of Your wonderful creation.
I hear the song of birds.
I see the movement of animals, trees and wind all praising Your greatness.
Yet sometimes when I worship, it seems I have it all turned around.
Forgive me as I return to the heart of worship.
I see how worship is all about You.
I offer my sacrifice to You.
You are my God and to You I sing.
I desire nothing but You and You alone.
All creation returns praise to You and I join in.
I join in with Your creatures in praise to Your greatness.
You are an awesome God above all.
Please accept my humble offerings.
I have returned to the heart of worship and truly found that it’s all about You.
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You are God. You, I praise. You, I turn to. You are the door to Life. It’s all about and through You.
Lord, You are God! ---Amen


September 4th Daily Hymn, Readings, Word, Psalm and Prayer

Hymn of the Day
I heard the voice of Jesus say, Come unto me and rest; lay down, O weary one, lay down your head upon my breast." I came to Jesus as I was, so weary, worn, and sad; I found in him a resting place and he has made me glad. ("I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say" – Text: Horatius Bonar, 1808-1889)
--- --- ---

Readings of the Day
John 10.22-42-"I and the Father are one."
2 Chronicles 9-"Blessed be the LORD your God who delighted in you, setting you on His throne as king for the LORD your God; because your God loved Israel establishing them forever, therefore He made you king over them, to do justice and righteousness."
Psalm 74-Yet God is my king from of old, who works deeds of deliverance in the midst of the earth.
Isaiah 2.12-17-The pride of man will be humbled and the loftiness of men will be abased; and the LORD alone will be exalted in that day…
--- --- ---

God’s Word of the Day
I give you the rest you need. I give you strength. I renew you to serve Me in My Kingdom.
--- --- ---

Psalm of the Day
What a wonderful rest You have gifted me with.
Rest with family in Your Love.
Rest with Your creation. Your Grace humbles me.
You delight in me, yet I all the more delight in You, my King and Savior.
In this gift of rest, I see Your acts of Love in my life and the life of my family.
In this gift of retreat, I am renewed and changed and charged for loving service to You.
In this Sabbath gift I am humbled by Your awesome creation and Your Glory.
What a wonderful rest You have gifted me with.
Rest with family in Your Love.
Thanks be to You, my Love!
--- --- ---

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You helped me to lie down in green pastures to restore my soul. You showed me Your beauty in creation. You showed me Your power through visions from mountains. You showed me Your love through the faces of family. You gifted me with rest and have truly restored my soul. Now I go, ready to serve in Your Kingdom in the Love only You can provide. ---Amen

No comments: