Friday, November 10, 2006

November 10th Daily Word and Visions from God

Titus 2-Build up courage, and discipline them if they get out of line.
Jeremiah 15-16- "Now, watch for what comes next: I'm going to assemble a bunch of fishermen." GOD's Decree! "They'll go fishing for my people and pull them in for judgment. Then I'll send out a party of hunters, and they'll hunt them out in all the mountain,s hills, and caves. I'm watching their every move. I haven't lost track of a single one of them, neither them nor their sins.
Psalm 126-GOD was wonderful to us; we are one happy people.
1 Kings 17.8-16-The LORD God of Israel has promised that your jar of flour won't run out and your bottle of oil won't dry up before he sends rain for the crops.
---
Sarah's dog Abe. My friend. Yea, he's a trouble maker. Yea, he gets into trouble. But he is also a good pal and a good friend. Comes to see me when I feel good and comes to see me when I don't. Greets me all the time happy and ready to be there for me. Abe is one, who if he was a person, could build up courage in me. Could talk to me and keep me in line. I'm sure he would be honest enough with me to discipline me when I needed it. I think Abe would tell me what God has to say through him too. Jesus assembled some disciples and sent them out to tell his news. Fishermen and people of all walks of life. All normal, ordinary people who were special to God. We are all special to God. Even Abe is special to God in some way. God is wonderful to all of us and that's why we are one happy people. Not happy all the time. But happy overall. We are freed in Christ to be friends with one another. To care for one another. Just like Abe does to me, I am free to be a pal to someone else in need. They have the same needs I have and God put us all together to work through us to tend to the needs of one another in the love Jesus has filled us with. That bottle of oil will never go empty, the bag of flour will never run out. The bread and wine of Christ's love never ceases. I, like Abe, must never cease to show that never ending love of Christ to my friends too. Abe is a friend. And we both have an eternal source of friendship and love in Christ Jesus. Thanks be to God, thanks for friends, thanks for love and thanks for Abe.
---
Lord, fill me with your cup of love and blessings and send me to share that love with a friend this day. ---Amen

No comments: