Thursday, November 23, 2006

November 23rd Daily Word and Visions from God

2 Peter 1-So friends, confirm God's invitation to you, his choice of you. Don't put it off; do it now. Do this, and you'll have your life on a firm footing, the streets paved and the way wide open into the eternal kingdom of our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Jeremiah 41-42-I'm on your side, ready to deliver you from anything he might do. I'll pour mercy on you.
Psalm 139-You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence.
Matthew 6.25-33-But more than anything else, put God's work first and do what he wants.
---
A cell phone. A link to family, work, friends. A link to those I choose to talk to and those that maybe even invade my life. Sometimes I get invitations through phone conversations to be someplace and do something. Invitations into another person's life. God invites us to be with him. He doesn't force himself in. He invites. He asks for our presence as he is present always. God opens the invitation wide open and invites me into the eternal kingdom of our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ. God is on our side ready to deliver us from anything and he promises to pour mercy on us. God knows everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. But he invites. It's time to decide and accept his gracious and loving invitation. Time to put his work first and do what he wants. I've got a phone call to make and an invitation to accept.
---
Lord, I'm ready to work in your kingdom. What would you like me to do? ---Amen

No comments: