Sunday, November 12, 2006

November 12th Daily Word and Visions from God

Philemon-And by the way, get a room ready for me. Because of your prayers, I fully expect to be your guest again.
Jeremiah 19-20-...and preach there what I tell you.
Psalm 128-Enjoy the good life in Jerusalem every day of your life.
Mark 12.38-44-Now she doesn't have a cent to live on.
---
Sadly enough the times I use this calculator seem to be on Sunday evenings when Sue and I sit down to review bills. We use it to see if we are going to make it or not for a couple of weeks till the next payday. Living from check to check isn't good advice for anyone and is a poor use of the gifts God gives, but at this point in our lives seems to be what is happening. Sometimes I think I can relate to the widow who gave her last cent to the offering. But not really. I live in abundance and abuse the resources God has given me. When I sit and recount all the blessings I've received from God I'm amazed. I can hear his voice telling me to give myself. He wants me, not my stuff. My stuff is easy for him. But I'm his problem. I'm stubborn and won't come to him and worship and follow him at times. But I have to listen to harsh instruction in his Word and realize that God wants me. And when I give into my own selfishness and give in and follow him. That's when the change takes place. That's when he refines me. But will I be stubborn? Will I walk through the fire and perish? Or will I walk through the fire and let God refine me into what he wants me to be? I want to be refined! But to be refined, I must give up my selfish ways and follow my Lord and Savior. Then he gladly refines, restores, and brings me to the good life in Jerusalem. Every day of my life. Even while I walk through the fire. My faith and hope in Christ will cause me to dance in that fire with Jesus my Savior at my side. And by the way. Get a room ready for me. Because of your prayers I know we will visit once again.
---
Yea, Lord, I'm yours. I'm ready to be refined by the fire. Get a room ready. You wanna dance? ---Amen

No comments: