Friday, November 24, 2006

November 24th Daily Word and Visions from God

2 Peter 2-So God knows how to rescue the holy from evil trials.
Jeremiah 43-44-Be on the lookout!
Psalm 140- I know that you, GOD, are on the side of victims, that you care for the rights of the poor.
Daniel 7.9-10, 13-14-He will rule forever, and his kingdom is eternal, never to be destroyed.
---
When the power flickers off and stays off for a while this clock flashes 12:00. Well for some time now, even if I set this clock, it doesn't work. So I just leave it to flash 12:00. I guess for this clock, it's time is up. The only hope for this clock is to be rescued and repaired. But it's just not worth the trouble. I'm glad God doesn't feel that way about me when I stop working correctly. When I go through trials, God steps it up even more and is with me even closer than other times it seems. God knows how to rescue me from evil trials. But I need to be on the lookout. I need to be careful myself that I don't fall into temptation and sin. I need to be a little better at this than I am. Even knowing that God is on the side of victims and cares for the rights of the poor---I need to be cautious that I don't fall for sin and evil. But if I do---I also know of a God who will take me back. A God that rules forever and who has a kingdom that is eternal. So on those days I flash 12:00 and go a little bonkers about life--- I'll turn to my Savior---repent---and ask for guidance.
---
Lord forgive me and help me---especially when I'm not working just right. ---Amen

No comments: