Saturday, November 18, 2006

November 18th Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Peter 1-Your life is a journey you must travel with deep consciousness of God. It cost God plenty to get you out of that dead-end, empty-headed life you grew up in. He paid with Christ's sacred blood, you know.
Jeremiah 31-32-"They found grace out in the desert, these people who survived the killing. Israel, out looking for a place to rest, met God out looking for them!" GOD told them. "I've never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love!"
Psalm 134-Lift your praising hands to the Holy Place, and bless GOD.
Hebrews 10.11-14, 19-25-But Christ offered himself as a sacrifice that is good forever. No he is sitting at God's right side, and he will stay there until his enemies are put under his power. By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.
---
There are only a few TV shows I really enjoy watching regularly each week. "This Old House Hour" is one of them. I enjoy watching ways to maintain "things" and watching people use the skilled trade techniques to the glory of God. Things are made to be maintained and developed and improved. God uses skilled tradespeople all over the place. And I know God is working on me. Not only maintaining me but improving me. He paid a great price for my soul. Each day God refines me a little more. Teaches me lessons along the way. Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs my soul- day after day. I can expect love, love, and more love! He has proved his love for me in Jesus life, suffering, death and resurrection. Gave his very blood for my life. It's nice to be worked on throughout life. And in his love I will praise his name with lifted hands and loud voice. Thanks be to God for his love! Thanks be to God for my Savior, Jesus Christ! Thanks be to God for maintaining and renewing me day after day! Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, bless all those in the skilled-trades. Help them to see the gifts you have given them. Help them to offer their skills to your glory. And most of all --thanks for that carpenter who saved me soul! ---Amen

No comments: