Monday, November 20, 2006

November 20th Daily Word and Visions from God

November 20th Daily Word and Visions from God1 Peter 3- Summing up: Be agreeable, be sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble.
Jeremiah 35-36-Get another blank scroll and do it all over again.
Psalm 136-His love never quits!
Joel 2.21-27-...you will know that I stand at your side.
---
A mop and a bucket. The weekend is time to clean house. When I look at this mop, I see how it picks up the dirt. Then I rinse the dirt out and return the mop to pick up some more dirt. Moving dirt from the floors, to the water, to the drain. Moving the dirt out of the house and down the drain. God does that in my life---In the process of removing my dirt of sin--- In the process of daily rinsing and cleaning---I am freed and learn to be agreeable, sympathetic, loving, compassionate and humble. And God goes through this process with me over and over. Jeremiah had to re-write his message to the king. The king read the first message and burnt it as it was read. But God gave him a second chance. God's love never quits. I may quit, but God doesn't. When I struggle in my dirt, I can be assured that God stands at my side to pick up that sin and dirt and rinse me out once again. His love never quits! Like the mop, I give thanks to God for his continual rinsing.
---
Lord, I am dirty once again. Rinse me out and send me back to do your work today. ---Amen

No comments: