Saturday, November 11, 2006

November 11th Daily Word and Visions from God

Titus 3-It wasn't so long ago that we ourselves were stupid and stubborn, dupes of sin, ordered every which way by our glands, going around with a chip on our shoulder, hated and hating back. But when God, our kind and loving Savior God, stepped in, he saved us from all that. It was all his doing; we had nothing to do with it. He gave us a good bath, and we came out of it new people, washed inside and out by the Holy Spirit.
Jeremiah 17-18- But I, GOD, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human, I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be.
Psalm 127-Don't you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves?
Hebrews 9.24-28-So Christ died only once to take away the sins of many people. But when he comes again, it will not be to take away sin. He will come to save everyone who is waiting for him.
---
A new water meter was put in my home yesterday. It sends a signal on a frequency allowing readings to be taken remotely on how much water we use from month to month. This avoids the invasion of our home of a Meter Reader each month. In my Christian life, God doesn't need a signal from a meter to monitor the water poured on me from month to month. God doesn't need to avoid the invasion of my home to take a reading. God freely invades my heart and searches my mind and knows exactly what's up with me. Even when I've done something I shouldn't have and try to run and hide from God. God has no problem with knowing the truth. God is truth. God is truth in Jesus. Pilate asked Jesus; "What is truth?" Jesus is truth and he knows truth. And this Truth will set you free. This Truth will pour more water on me day after day in a baptismal cleaning than any meter could measure. This Truth in Christ is the Truth that died for me and all sinners once and for all to take away and wash away our sin. That is Truth. Yea, God gives me a good bath and brings me out clean day after day. No meter could begin to measure that amount of water, even remotely. And in this washing, I am blessed, called and sent with the gifts of the Spirit to work in his Kingdom. To serve and praise God all my life. Sure, I'll fall down, sure, I'll stumble. But God will continue to pick me up, clean me up and use me as his chosen. And that's why in this Truth, I'll gladly wait for Christ's return to save everyone. No meter can measure God's loving Water in our lives. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, I give you thanks for your endless washing and cleansing and for your faithful love through baptism. I'm ready to serve you in your Kingdom. Where to today? ---Amen

No comments: