Friday, November 17, 2006

November 17th Daily Word and Visions from God

James 5-And if you've sinned, you'll be forgiven--healed inside and out.
Jeremiah 29-20- I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Psalm 133-It's like costly anointing oil flowing down head and beard, flowing down Aaron's beard, flowing down the collar of his priestly robes.
Daniel 12.1-3-Some of them will be given eternal life, and others receive nothing but eternal shame and disgrace.
---
A downspout delivering water from the sky to the roof to the ground. Through gutters just cleaned of leaves last weekend. Delivering water back to the earth to repeat that loving healing cycle of water. I sin, no doubt about it. But God heals me of that sin. I repent, no doubt about it. God forgives my sin. He expects me to turn from sin and turn to him. God knows exactly what he is doing and has a plan for my life. He not only baptizes me with his life giving water, but he calls me his child and anoints me with oil. Oil that overflows any need I have. Just like the overflow of life-giving water from this downspout, God gives me the gifts I need, blesses me and sends me to do his work in his kingdom. Some people will choose to go their own way and attempt their own salvation. Some people will receive eternal life and others will receive eternal shame and disgrace. I'm going to stick with God's plan. Lord forgive my sin and send me, in your plan. A downspout, to deliver you life-giving message and water to all the world.
---
Lord, send me today with the blessing and power of your Word. ---Amen

No comments: