Monday, November 13, 2006

November 13th Daily Word and Visions from God

James 1-Lead with your ears, follow up with your tongue, and let anger straggle along in the rear.
Jeremiah 21-22-I'm giving you a choice: life or death.
Psalm 129- "They've kicked me around ever since I was young"
Revelation 7.1-8-Wait until I have marked the foreheads of the servants of our God.
---
Bags of leaves raked up from the yard. We had to work together to accomplish this task. I don't think one person could do this much work in the same amount of time. Leaves that had served for a season. Fallen to the ground in beauty. Leaves that had brought nutrition to the trees they lived on and with and through. Gave their very life for the tree. In life I must first listen. A good leader listens first. With God I must listen before I speak and when I speak leave anger out of it or at least as a last resort. Listen and choose life. Life with the Word made flesh. Listen first. Lead through listening not speaking. Speaking God's words in leading. I may be kicked around. The harsh winter winds may cause me to give my very life for the life of the tree. But listen first. Listen and even in death; when I fall from the tree, I will have the mark of everlasting life on my forehead. Sealed with the mark and love of God. Even in death as I am gathered with the multitude of saints we will then use our tongues together in ceaseless praise of a loving, caring, life-giving God. Bags of leaves raked up from the yard of life. Together singing praises to God for a wonderful life of listening to the Word made flesh.
---
Lord, lead me through this life with open ears, open mind and open heart to your love then send me out with a tongue of praise today. ---Amen

No comments: