Friday, November 03, 2006

November 3rd Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Timothy 5.1-20-Tell these things to the people so that they will do the right thing...
Jeremiah 1-2-How dare you tell me, I'm not stained by sin.
Psalm 119.145-176-Take not of how I love what you tell me; out of your life of love, prolong my life.
Psalm 24-Open the ancient gates, so that the glorious king may come in. Who is this glorious king? He is our LORD the All-Powerful!
---
Storage and bikes put up for the winter. Moved out of the way. Put away for another time in life when the weather will change once again and exercise on the bikes will be fun. God gives instruction through his Word. God gives warning through his Word. God opens my eyes to my sinfulness through his Word. The Word is stored in a book. A stored Word that becomes alive when I hear and see of the way I should act towards God and towards others. A stored Word that becomes alive when my stain of sin is pointed out. The stored Word becomes alive when I hear of the life of Love God freely gave to me to prolong my life. The stored Word becomes alive when that glorious king in Jesus comes into my life. The stored Word becomes alive. The stored Word becomes Jesus, my salvation. Thanks be to God for the storage of his Word. Thanks be to God for the Word active out of storage in and through me. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, let your stored Word act in and through me this day. ---Amen

No comments: