Tuesday, November 21, 2006

November 21st Daily Word and Visions from God

1 Peter 4-So if you find life difficult because you're doing what God said, take it in stride. Trust him. He knows what he's doing, and he'll keep on doing it.
Jeremiah 37-38- Jeremiah sank into the mud.
Psalm 137-Yes, a reward to the one who grabs your babies and smashes their heads on the rocks!
1 Timothy 2.1-7-First of all, I ask you to pray for everyone. Ask God to help and bless them all, and tell God how thankful you are for each of them.
---
Hard boiled eggs. They have suffered the heat and now are prepared to feed the body. Prepared in the heat of boiling water. Sometimes life with God suffers through the heat of the water. In the heat, God continues to prepare me for service. Prepare me for the service he has planned for me. When I read the Old Testament, it seems that God is pretty tough at times with those who turn from him. Sometimes I see, what at first appears to be a vengeful God. Then I realize that this heat, this vengeance, and this toughness comes from a loving Father wanting with all his heart for his children to become what he knows they can become. In this is Love. So let's pray for everyone. Ask God to help and bless them all, and tell God how thankful we are for each other. Even in the midst of the boiling water.
---
Lord, in the heat of the water let my stubborn mind change and worship you in your glory--- Amen

No comments: